To be eligible to adopt, applicants must:
- Be 25 years of age or older
- For unaltered puppies, you must live within 75 miles. We will not alter a dog under 5 months of age.
- Submit a completed adoption application and email it to email@example.com
- Have consent of your landlord (if renting)
- Allow Ruff Life to contact both vet and personal references.
- Have an interview with a Ruff Life representative.
- Consent to a home visit by a Ruff Life representative.
- Pay the adoption fee. Unless otherwise noted, our adoption fee is $250 for puppies and $200 for adults. Our puppy adoption fee covers spay/neuter, microchip, deworming and all vaccinations up to the time of adoption. Our adult adoption fee includes spay/neuter, microchip, all vaccinations and a heartworm test (and treatment if necessary). Once a pet is adopted, we are no longer responsible for vetting/preventative costs, except mandatory spay/neuter.